mold-dark-side-humidity-stage

Mold: the dark side of humidity

Serious effects of mold and how you can get rid of it.

All you need to know about mold and its effects.

Mold is a type of fungus different from plants and animals that grows from tiny spores that float in the air. It needs water to grow, a reason why it will usually breed around damp or humid surfaces. This means that too high humidity at your home can be a factor that creates black mold or mildew.

mold-dark-side-humidity-damp
Humid and damp places in your home can create proper environment for appearance of mold.

What causes mold?
High humidity might be responsible for the growth of mold and other types of fungi. When there’s high indoor humidity there are more possibilities that condensation appears, which allows water accumulation. If this water has nowhere to go and is unable to dry, it begins to absorb into the surfaces in your home and develop itself into this toxic phenomenon, which can result in bathroom mold or basement mold. As a general rule, when relative humidity is over 70%, mold and other species of fungi can thrive.

Mold is easily detected because you can see and/or smell it in the grout lines in your shower, damp walls, ceilings and outdoors surfaces. Depending on the amounts of mold, the color will appear in black, green or blue stains. Sometimes, you might be able to smell it and not spot it, which makes mold removal harder, but it is important to not ignore smells because even small amounts of it would mean that there is enough moisture for more growth.

But what are the implications of mold?
Mold can damage your properties and can appear in any humid place at your home in the form of shower mold, ceiling mold or wall mold. Wall paint and furniture can be seriously affected. But mold does not only affect your home surfaces, it also can affect your well-being. Exposure to mold can cause more frequent allergic reactions such as itching skin, sneezing, coughing and nasal congestions.

How to get rid of mold?
If you want to know how to clean mold or how to remove mold it’s pretty easy: clean the affected area and use a stop-mold spray . But how to prevent the mold from appearing again? In order to prevent the reappearance of mold, you must avoid excessive moisture levels inside your home and attempt to maintain dry interior surfaces. Maintaining a humidity level below 60 percent is the perfect measure to avoid mold and mildew. A humidity absorber will come handy in this case, as these devices help decrease excess humidity and can be a good step after mold treatment.

Mold, aggravated allergies and other negative effects due to a wrong level of indoor humidity

The most immediate effect of high indoor humidity is personal discomfort.

mold-allergies-indoor-humidity-teaser
Read more

3 potential damages of excess humidity at home

Indoor effects of too much humidity.

potential-damages-humidity-teaser
Read more